Star Trek D-A-C Coming This Week
A week before Star Trek is hitting Blu-Ray, Star Trek D-A-C is finally making its way to PSN.
Rounding out its three pre-existing multiplayer game types – Team Deathmatch, Conquest and Assault – Star Trek: D-A-C will now feature a single player type – Survival Mode. In Survival Mode, Starfleet captains select between four ships and are challenged to shoot down as many Romulan enemy drones as they can, progressing through four rounds with five different zones each before their three lives run out. When destroyed, the drones drop special pick-ups that help players win more lives and move up the Starfleet ranks and leader boards.
Players will battle AI controlled Romulan ships and three new ships types in Survival Mode:
- Space Pirate: a quick, nimble flyer that awards the most loot of all three drones
- Ramming Drone: an offensive fighter that commonly uses kamikaze attacks to crash into Federation starships
- Demolition Drone: a slower model that assaults through explosions, obliterating everything around it
Survival Mode also features a point-based pick-up system and two new “special” performance pick-ups:
- Temporal Shift: everything slows down – except youFire Everything: fire all of your weapons without depleting your energy stores
- Fire Everything: fire all of your weapons without depleting your energy stores
So if Star Trek is your thing and you have $9.99, check out the store tomorrow.