Review: PixelJunk Monsters
Release Date: January 23, 2008
Players: 1-2 (local)
What I liked:
- The style and music (Otograph made a great soundtrack)
- The co-op play (Playing with a friend is the way to go)
- The trophy challenges (Great challenges, although some are brutal)
- The tower variety (Tesla towers are my favorite)
- Youtube Uploading (Helps if you need to find how to beat a level)
What I disliked:
- The difficulty later on (Even on casual it is hard to “rainbow” some stages)
- The controls (The main character slides a little to much for my liking)
- No online co-op (PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe for PSP has this though)
Even with the hard difficulty and “floaty” controls this game is still worth every penny. One of the best co-op games on the PS3. You will have more fun in co-op than in single player though.
This game was purchased for review purposes.