Is it that time of year already? It would appear so, as today on the PlayStation Blog a post appeared detailing this year’s Spring Fever promotion. Each week, a hot new PSN title is set to emerge into the world bright eyed and bushy tailed, but that isn’t all thats happening. Taking a cue from SCEE’s successful PSN sales earlier this year, this time around each week is set to be themed around a different franchise, with Call of Duty taking precedence as this week’s discounted series. I’ve placed the whole list of discounts at the bottom of this post for your pleasure, expect to see every game in the series attain 0ne or two price cuts, PS+ membership permitting.
However, the discounts play second fiddle to the main meat of the promotion, the new games. This year there are only 3 titles set to emerge, but they’re all undoubtedly anticipated. This week of course brings us Journey, thatgamecompany’s powerful and moving new title. I loved it, so hopefully you’ll feel the same way.
On March 20th you’re going to find Rayman 3 HD, the update to, well, Rayman 3. Except now its in HD, and it has trophies. If you enjoyed it the first time around, I don’t see a way you won’t enjoy it this time. The game will also come with a 20% off discount for PS+ members, which is lovely.
Finally, we have Closure on March 27th. This ambitious light based puzzle platformer has been in the works for quite some time, and I’m delighted to see it finally emerge from the shroud of secrecy that has been covering it. It certainly looks like something really quite special, and it too will come with a 20% discount for PS+ folk.
So, pop along to the PSN Store this week and check out the discounts and Journey, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated when next week’s discounts are announced. I’m willing to bet that at least one week will be Final Fantasy themed.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- PS3 Game + Variety Map Pack Bundle (Reg. $29.99, Sale $20.99, PS Plus $14.69)
- PS3 Game (Reg. $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79)
- Variety Map Pack (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
Call of Duty Classic
- PS3 Game (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- PS3 Game + 2 DLC Bundle (Reg. $59.99 (value), Sale $41.99, PS Plus $- $29.39)
- PS3 Game (Reg. $29.99, Sale $20.99, PS Plus $14.69)
- Stimulus Package – (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)
- Resurgence Pack – (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)
Call of Duty: World at War
- Map Pack Bundle (Reg. $24.99, Sale $17.49, PS Plus $12.24)
- Map Pack 1 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
- Map Pack 2 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
- Map Pack 3 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- PS3 Game (Reg. $49.99, Sale $39.99)