PSN Outage: What to Expect / Welcome Back Program
Thought we ought post an update as to whats going on with the PSN outage.
As per the playstation blog, the following services should be rolled out sometime this week:
- Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems
-This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games
- Access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers
- Access to account management and password reset
- Access to download un-expired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
- Friends List
- Chat Functionality
Also outlined is something to make us all feel a little better about our lack of online capabilities; The “Welcome Back” program.
This program will include:
- Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
- All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.
Free stuff? Cool man.
We’ll keep you posted as to whats going on whenever we hear more. PSN might still be down, but that doesn’t me we can’t podcast. Check it out for a little resistance radio.