New Fret Nice Screens and Trailer
Posted by Chris K on February 2nd, 2010 | 0 Comments | Tags: fret nice , preview
Well you should already know that this game is coming out in 2 days, but maybe you have some questions on what it is about? Well this pretty much summarizes the title:
Fret Nice harmonizes the unity between music and the 2D platformer. As you control your character through the artful stages, you play the game as if it were a jammin’ rock song. Rock out by blasting enemies with riff combos and creating your own soundtracks with each “strum” of a chord. Each time a stage is repeated, you will have an everchanging experience.
What features does this game have? Glad you asked:
- Audio Dynamics: Notes you play in Riff Combos are relative to the current key of the stages’ songs, allowing for user-generated audio-tastic soundtracks.
- Facial Attribute System: A fun and visual way to interpret riff combos. For example, if there are three eyes and two tentacles on an enemy, you have to “strum” three of the same notes and two same other note in the riff combo.
- Cooperative Play: Play cooperatively with a friend (locally) to clear stage levels and compete with each other for high scores. The catch is that you are connected by an instrument cord, preventing both of you from getting too far from each other on a shared screen.
- Online Leaderboards: The scores from each level played are posted on online leaderboards. Keep playing for the highest score and beat the competition!
- Character Customization: Choose your character and customize its hair, clothes, and instruments!
- Unlockables: As you play through the game, new instruments and customizable items can be unlocked!
- Riff Combos: When a note is played in the air, a Riff Combo will be activated to help defeat enemies.
Liked that trailer? Here are 24 screens for you to gaze at.
The game is out Thursday for $14.99 and you can even use that Rock Band guitar you have laying around your family room.