Review: Zombie Tycoon
Developer: Frima Studios
Release Date: October 29, 2009
What I liked:
- The puzzles got progressively harder as I went on.
- The games length is about right for a minis title.
- The amount of items you can unlock as you play.
- The writing in the game is campy, suits the style.
What I disliked:
- No replay value.
- Some slowdown when you have a full army of zombies.
- The cursor moves too fast when you are fully zoomed in.
- You can’t save in the middle of a level.
- The inventory management can be tedious.
- The zombie’s pathfinding can be off at times.
It took me a little over 3.5 hours to complete this game from start to finish. And in that time I collected 97% of the items. I don’t think I will ever go back and get those last few items, but this doesn’t mean I didn’t have fun playing it. It is hard to look past some of the technical issues and the occasional level restart due to bad checkpoints. So I would truly only get this if you are a fan of RTS games.