Review: Spot The Differences!
Posted by Chris K on November 15th, 2009 | 0 Comments | Tags: Minis , Spot The Differences!
Developer: Sanuk Games
Release Date: November 05, 2009
What I liked:
- The game is easy to pick up and play.
- There is a fair amount of different scenes.
- The Time Attack Mode is very addictive.
- The differences in the scenes change at higher difficulty levels.
What I disliked:
- I wish there was a way to play my own music.
- There is no audio cue telling you that your time is running out.
- Can’t use the d-pad to go through some of the menus.
- The difficulty can change drastically from scene to scene.
Let me get this out of the way first. If you are a fan of hidden item or spot the difference games, buy this now with no questions asked. It one of the best titles in that genre. Now for those of us that aren’t.
You can tell this game is also on the iPhone. The menus are made in a way that is easy to use on a touch screen, I kind of wish they would have been revamped for the PSP. If you aren’t good at this type of game, it will seem really hard. I found the game to be extremely difficult even on the second difficulty level. It took me a whole day’s worth of playing, 6 or 7 hours, to unlock the hardest difficulty. And when I tried a round, I got my ass kicked. The game also makes it seem harder than it is by not having a cue telling you your time is running out. Sure the timer icon flashes, but I am looking at the pictures… not the timer.
There are some bright spots though, Time Attack being one of them. You are given 3 minutes to find as many differences as you can. Each picture you are given has one difference and once you find it you are given a new picture. I found this mode really addicting. Another good thing is that you won’t really get repeats until around 10 rounds in or so.
So as I as before, if you are a fan of these games buy it now. Otherwise you can pass on this.
Click Here to purchase Spot The Differences! from Amazon.com