[UPDATE] PS Vita Software Update 3.12
PS Vita update 3.10 will hit later tonight and will bring many long awaited features. Here’s the full list of the new features that will be included in the update later tonight:
- You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen (up from 100)
- A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
- A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
- You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.
Are you a fan of what’s coming in the new update, or are there features that you are still waiting for? Let us know down in the comments below.
Being a big fan of PSM, I download a lot of games and have hit the 100 app limit several times. I’m glad to know that I’ll be able to keep all my Vita games on there at once. I probably won’t use the calendar app, but I do like having that manage content feature and the voice messages at my disposal.
UPDATE – It looks like more information was divulged in the Japanese and European posts:
- PlayStation Mobile games can now be played on PS Vita TV.
- PS Vita TV now supports the Dual Shock 4 controller.
- Vita handhelds can now share photos with Vita TV if they’re connected to the same network.
- Vita handhelds can use Bluetooth keyboards.
- In supported PSone games, the PocketStation functionality can now be brought up during gameplay sessions, for picture-in-picture usage. Additionally, you can now display PocketStation serial numbers.
- In a Group Message consisting of more than three people, the title can now be edited.
- Parental Controls can now restrict PlayStation Store access. Additionally, the Web Browser now supports TrendMicro security.
- Music – You will now be able to search for content saved on a connected device such as a PC.
- Video – You’ll be able to now sort content by size.
- Rotate Screen Automatically has been added to Photos to control tilt sensor for rotation of images.
- Freeform has been added to the Panoramic mode selection list in the Photos app.
- Adjust Daylight Saving Automatically has been added.
- 30 minutes has been added in Enter Standby Mode Automatically.
Additionally, PS Vita firmware 3.12 was quickly released to “improve stability”. There were reports of some 32GB memory cards no longer functioning after 3.10.