Next PS4 update to improve live streaming quality and video editing features
Scott McCarthy Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation at SCEA, has made it publicly known via the PlayStation Blog that upcoming system software updates will finally allow gamers who live stream to disable HDCP to allow gameplay recording via an HDMI game capture device such as the Elgato Game Capture HD.
Let’s run down the list of announced changes for easier viewing and discussion:
- Add a rich video editor with a simple tool to personalize your video clips
- Ability to export to and save videos and screenshots created by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive
- Add an HDCP off option for capturing gameplay via HDMI
- Record and share longer gameplay clips via an external game capture device
- Add the ability for Twitch broadcasts to be archived
- Streaming broadcasts provided with a higher resolution of 720p
Many of these features have been a long time coming for sure. Which features excite you the most? I’m sure most of the media out there is most excited for the ability to turn off HDCP and use a capture device. We can finally all make really nice higher resolution clips of gameplay.
[Source: PlayStation Blog]