Rayman Legends comes to Vita with exclusive levels and skins
In case you didn’t already know, Rayman Legends was supposed to have already been released as a Wii U exclusive. But thanks to the suits and ties at Ubisoft, and the massive amount of overtime the fine folks in the Ubisoft Montpellier team have clocked in, Rayman Legends is also coming to Vita with exclusives.
Before I delve into the list of exclusives I think it’s important to point out that this press release mentions the UK release date as August 30th, though the recently release US trailer above mentions it will be released on September 3rd. Now, this Vita version will feature quite the list of extras despite being limited by the typical constraints of a portable. It’s clear that the developer saw fit to utilize nearly every input of the Vita.
Let’s take a look at the list of exclusives below:
- 5 exclusive challenge maps
- Play as Murphy, the familiar snarky green fly, in the exclusive maps
- Control Murphy by way of the rear touch pad
- Co-op multiplayer via wi-fi connection (p1 controls character with stick, p2 controls level with touch screen)
- Competitive online challenges with leaderboards
- 2 exclusive character costumes: Rayman Prince of Persia costume and Globox Splinter Cell costume
[gallery_imgs dir=”http://media.psnstores.com/images/raymanlegends/” num=”4″]
Rayman Legends will be a full retail release on home consoles as well as digitally released on the PlayStation Store for Vita, and likely for PS3 as well. All versions will include 90 levels, online leaderboards throughout the game, and Facebook score sharing.
We don’t typically concern ourselves with boxed retail releases, but with Rayman games having so much polish it’s safe to say this one should not be overlooked. We’ll keep an eye out for more info leading up to the game’s EU/UK release on August 30th and US release on September 3rd, as well as at E3 2013.