Treasures of Montezuma Blitz Is Getting A Massive Patch (1.80) Next Week
One of our favorite free-to-play games on Vita will be recieving a monster patch for both North American and European versions of the game next week.
Main update features:
- Scratchcard will now wield higher winnings more often and, in addition to that, show what was hidden below the other squares which remained unscratched!
- Easier process of levelling up for new players with a little bit more crystals for smoother ride up.
- The flow of time will become more forgiving, with time bonuses being added instantly, and game being paused when no moves remain and the board shuffles.
- From now on, you can switch the gravity off when you don’t want it to meddle with your game while commuting, and switch it back on when you need it.
- Totems now work much faster – the next one activates right after you use the previous one.
- New Ziggurat notifications are now removed from LiveArea, keeping it clean for posting new personal score records.
- Never stop the combo: if the timer runs out, you will be allowed to finish the current combo before counting up the game results.
- Stack up crystals to get the multiplier twice as high as it was before.
- More strategic options thanks to updated features of Crystal Score, Color Discard and Score Frenzy bonuses and Yellow Totem.
Lesser update features:
- Game texts will be updated to reflect all the game concepts, both new and old, better, including ‘near’ sharing details, new bonus functions and a few fixes to translations.
- Expert Treasurers will now see if their hoards exceed 10 million crystals.
- Levelling up with bonus XP boost bug is now fixed, giving the full advantage of double XP.
- Round time is now shown as it should, with maximum available time cap taken into consideration.
I think the biggest of all those updates has to do with the time bonuses becoming instant. I can’t even count the amount of times I have had a game end while a time bonus was in the process of activating. Also allowing comboing after the timer runs out is a great touch. All in all this seems like a great update to a great game.
Do you still play ToMB? Let us know in the comments.