Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD Has A Release Date
Just Add Water’s HD remake of what is arguably the best Oddworld game has been in the works for a while, and it seems the time has finally arrived for it to be unleashed on the public. Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD finally has a release date, and it’s set to be released on December 21st in the EU and December 27th in the USA. On the PlayStation.Blog, Stewart Gilray, CEO of Just Add Water, detailed the many changes the game has undertaken in its HD journey, making it extremely clear just how above and beyond the developer has gone in updating the game for the PS3 (and eventually Vita). It’s one heck of a list, so here’s the whole thing in his words, along with a few new screenshots for you to drool over.
- All 84 character models have been updated with increased polygon counts and higher resolution textures.
- Wolvark Sloghandlers now release Slogs instead of Slegs.
- Professor Dimble now has glasses and an academic tome.
- New female voices have been recorded for two characters.
- Made Blisterz Booty unkillable.
- All environments have been given higher resolution textures.
- Most vegetation has been updated with increased polygon counts and/or higher resolution textures.
- A lot of environment now reflects in water where it didn’t before.
- Many, many pipes and barrels rounded.
- Easter Eggs added to the game.
- Added Blisterz Booty’s broken crud gun to the floor by his bola’d body.
- Sekto’s Office has been changed to more closely resemble than seen in the FMV.
- All game audio (voice, sound effects and music) have been upgraded to 16-bit 44KHz from 8-bit 11KHz or less!
- Support for 5.1, Dolby Digitial and DTS.
- Everything now runs at 720p, 60 FPS, widescreen.
- All menus have been updated with a new design based on original unused concepts.
- New posters now occupy the inventory menu when no bounty is accepted.
- All armour upgrades now actually increase Stranger’s health.
- Added difficulty levels to the game: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- In easy mode:
- Stranger has twice the health.
- Enemies have half the health and stamina.
- Enemies’ stamina recovers half as fast.
- In Normal Mode:
- Stranger’s health and armour for later in the game have been re-balanced.
- In hard mode:
- Stranger has a third less health.
- Enemies stamina recovers a third quicker.
- 37 trophies: 23 bronze, 8 silver, 5 gold, 1 platinum.
- 37 pieces of unlockable Concept art.
- 5 unlockable movies.