NBA JAM: On Fire Edition announced
Posted by Ben on April 5th, 2011 | 2 Comments | Tags: EA Sports , NBA JAM
It’s often amusing how these things come full circle. When it was announced that NBA JAM would be coming to PSN last year, people were annoyed, as they’d have to pony up the cash for the disaster that NBA ELITE was shaping up to be. Once that game collapsed entirely, it was announced that NBA JAM would be coming, but as a disc release. Roughly a year later, we’ll be seeing NBA JAM: On Fire Edition on PSN.
This expanded version of the game will have new AI based on the Fight Night series, new modes, and roster updates, which were of course promised for the disc release, but never materialised. NBA Jam: On Fire Edition is slated for October, and when EA releases some screenshots for it, we’ll certainly have them here.
EA ANNOUNCES NBA JAM: ON FIRE EDITION, NEW DIGITAL DOWNLOAD COMING THIS FALL
Next NBA Simulation Title to Launch in 2012
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – April 5, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that an all-new digital download of EA SPORTS™ NBA JAM will be available in October. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is being developed for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and it will be available on PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will feature exciting new gameplay enhancements, including ground-breaking artificial intelligence that will change the way gamers play NBA JAM.
“EA SPORTS continues to support this iconic franchise through a new digital download and we’re taking everything fans loved about the original and adding a host of new features,” said Trey Smith, Line Producer, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition. “We’ve listened to all of the feedback from our fans and we are driven to deliver the very best NBA JAM experience to date.”
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition contains new gameplay features including:
· REAL AI: Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.
· JAM Arena– Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
· Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.
· Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!
· More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!
EA SPORTS has also announced that it will launch its next NBA simulation title in fall 2012.
“As planned, our next NBA simulation title is in development at our Tiburon Studio in Orlando,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “We have top talent on the game, and we’re giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience. We’re making great strides and looking forward to launching a new game next year.”
For more information visit www.facebook.com/NBAJAM, www.nba-jam.easports.com and www.twitter.com/NBAJAM.