Review: Numblast PSP
Release Date: November 5th, 2009
Demo: Yes (On The European Store)
What I liked:
- The controls are easy to learn, which makes the gameplay more enjoyable.
- The visuals look much better on the smaller PSP screen.
- The amount of puzzles in Puzzle Mode is just right.
- The Time Trial mode is the perfect mode for “snack gaming”.
What I disliked:
- The time where you are allowed to chain could be a little longer.
- The replay system isn’t really useful because they can only be viewed in game.
- As we said in the PS3 review, the special blocks don’t really add much.
- There is no option to remove the subtitles.
If you want to pick up Numblast, I would most certainly reccommend the PSP version over the PS3 version. Time Trial is perfect if you only have a few minutes to play, and if your trip is a bit longer there is always Endless Mode. This type of puzzle game is more suited to a portable platform. Sure you will be losing the trophies and online leaderboards, but the game looks so much better on the smaller PSP screen and I always think portable when playing a puzzle game. For the price, it is one of the better puzzle games on the PSP.
This game was purchased for review purposes.