Review: Inferno Pool
Developer: Dark Energy Digital
Release Date: October 29, 2009
Players: 1-4 (local & online)
What I liked:
- The games controls, after I finally learned them.
- The physics react as you would expect them too.
- The inferno pool mode is actually quite fun, especially in multiplayer.
- The style the game achieves, looks like you are playing in your favorite dive bar.
What I disliked:
- The music and announcer, had to turn them off.
- No custom soundtracks, what bar doesn’t have a jukebox.
- Finding games online is a hassle. No game lists.
- Lack of tutorials. I had to go online to figure out how to play properly.
There is not much else I can say. Playing any of the three modes with friends is a blast, especially with the frantic pace of Inferno mode. The graphics look great and there are no hiccups in framerate. But the lack of people playing online really limits this game as the single player gets a little dull over time. If you like pool and have a bunch of friends to play with, have at it.