Review: ZEN Pinball
Developer: ZEN Studios
Release Date: May 13th, 2009
Players: 1-4 (local and online)
What I liked:
- The variety of the tables (Each table feels unique, no rehashing)
- The sounds (Music, sound effects, and ambient noise are all great)
- Local co-op (Hot seat pinball can be very competitive)
- The physics (It acts like you would expect a pinball game to act)
- The slick presentation (Menus are lights on the table and graphics are top notch)
What I disliked:
- The viewing angle (I wish there was one that was more top down)
- The arcade effects (Thankfully you can toggle them off)
- The online multiplayer (It is fun, but points race is the only mode)
- The view is not saved when you quit the game.
Even if you aren’t a fan of pinball, ZEN Pinball is still a blast. The slow-motion mode and adjustable difficulty make this playable for anyone. One of the best virtual pinball games I have ever played.