Review: Ratchet & Clank – Quest For Booty
Developer: Insomniac Games
Release Date: August 20, 2008
What I liked:
- More platforming then shooting (It had a about a 70:30 split between the two)
- Great Weapons (Even if they are mostly repeats)
- Great story (Patches the story between Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time)
- Never needed to grind for bolts
What I disliked:
- The puzzles are fun, but they are easy (Not much thinking involved)
- The game is short (5 hours at the most)
- Had a hard time getting the Magnetic wretch to work
- You can’t pause the cutscenes
Even if it is a little short, Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty is the best platformer available for download on PSN. It has a good story, fun puzzles, and great weapons. It is what you expect from a Ratchet game. If only it was just a little bit longer.
This game was purchased for review purposes.